Single Woman of God
There are 4 things that God says to those who are single:
- Singleness is a gift from God (1 Corinthians 7:7)
- Singleness has advantages (1 Corinthians 7:28, John 15:16-17).
- Singleness is not permanent (Matthew 6:33, Psalm 37: 4 and Isaiah 41:10)
- Singleness you may feel lonely but I have made provision for you (Song of Solomon 3:5, Genesis 2:18)
- Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?” (2 Corinthians 6:14).
Every single person longs for one thing in life: love and relationship. Woman has received from God the great mission of nurturing in society the spirit of sacrifice and devotion but if they lose sight of that they can get led around by their feelings. Here are some scriptures to encourage and I pray that you will aspire to live according to God’s plan and purpose for your life in true godly consecrated surrender; God will grant you all that you ask, seek and knock about. Ponder these three types of single Christian women and see where you are and what you must adjust according to the word of God. My prayer for you is that you walk in obedience to God who will help you to live a committed consecrated life. Please read the following scriptures for strength in your singleness daily in Jesus names Amen. Your daily scriptures which should also includes those outlined above are: (Jeremiah 29:11, James 1:5, Isaiah 40:28-31, Isaiah 30:18, Lamentations 3:25, Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8, Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 and Numbers 6:24-26).
In My Observation I Came Across Three Types of Single Christian Women – The Consecrated (Good Ground Christian), The Conceited (stony ground Christian) and The Contender (thorny ground Christian).
The Consecrated Spiritual Single Christian Woman
- She has put God first (Matthew 6:33)
- She has placed her trust in God (Proverbs 3:5)
- She is devoted to God and to the things of God (Proverbs 3:6)
- She obeys God’s commands (Psalm 41:10)
- She does not walk in fear (Matthew 6:25)
- She hopes in God (Romans 15:13)
- She is a woman of prayer (1 John 5:14-15)
- She aims to walks in true submission and surrender to God (James 4:7)
- She is not concern with others relationship because she serves the one who establishes relationships (Psalm 91:10)
- She prays for God’s people (Ephesians 1:1-19)
- She is not jealous or covetous of other women or their relationship (1 Peter 2:1-25)
- She is not define by the world’s view (Romans 12:2)
- She separate herself from all that will defile her body (Romans 12:1)
- She dresses modestly (1 Timothy 2:9-10)
- She is holy in her conduct (1 Peter 1;16 and Galatians 2:20)
- She loves to serve others Hebrews 6:10)
- She makes no provision for her flesh (Romans 13:14)
- She does not contend with her sisters (Colossians 3:10)
- She will not yoked with an unbelieving man (2 Corinthians 6:14-18)
- I believe that the number one ailment that the Body of Christ suffers today is our failure to be consecrated. Any Christian who are not consecrated to the Lord, will accomplish extremely little or nothing for Heaven. They have tried to fulfill themselves outside God but it will never work. “We will never be happy until we make God the source of our fulfillment and the answer to our longings. He is the only one who should have power over our souls” – Stormie Omartian
The Conceited/Carnal Single Christian Woman
- She has not put God first
- She is rebellious and prideful
- She refuses to submit to God and those God places in authority
- She has a form of godliness
- She has no true evidence of change in her life
- She is a complainer, a backbiter and a slanderer
- She always seeks to see what’s in it for her
- She is moved by her feelings
- She is not a woman of prayer
- She has trust in herself
- She lives to please herself
- She is an idolator
- She has wrong motives and intentions
- She has inflated pride in herself and her appearance
- She walks like Jezebel
- She deceives and betrays like delilah
- She is selfish, self-centered and yet she has very low self esteem
- Although the conceited single Christian woman believes that she has to behave in all of the above manner. The best things for her is to aim or aspire to live a submitted, surrendered consecrated life to Jesus. The bible tells us that, “Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass”(Psalm 37-:4-5). God tell us in Matthew 6:33 That if we seek Him first He will give us all things and He tells us in Psalm 84:11, “For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.” God knows all our hearts and therefore He has set out His commands; how we must walk we cannot walk in rebellion, pride, Idolatry or covetousness and expect God to bless us with the thing we want or to believe that we are due to have His promises.
The Contender (Home Breaker)
- Dresses to attract men – even married men
- Placing marriage on a pedestal next to God
- Compete against her sisters
- She is superficial and self-centered
- She hates wives
- She is prideful
- She is very self-willed
- She is full of covetousness and jealousy
- She is envious
- She is very short-sighted about life
- Falling down on the job of life
- Being completely self-involved
- Neglecting her relationship with God
- Subjecting her heart to foolish choices
- Giving up and caving in
- This type of woman may search and try different churches until she finds the church with the man she believes she has her eyes on and that she believes should be hers; even if he is married. She then “feels” the Lord is leading her to attend that church and she find fault with the church she was attending before. She will complain about the doctrine or lack there of to convince herself that is the reason why she is leaving. She is being used as a tool of satan and he has deceived her with her very wrong motives. As such, she is not serving the Lord. Her motives are not to worship and serve the Lord but to hang out dressing provocatively to see if she can snatch the man; married or single. From the start, this type of woman’s heart was not in the correct place. Instead of attending church to see what cute guy present, attend church for the sole purpose of worshipping and serving the Lord. The Christian single that does so will have a clean heart with pure motives. In the process, the Lord may send a Christian single person your way, hand picked and packaged by God for you.
The World Says – Joshua Harris, I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Romance
Do whatever it takes to fulfill one’s self pleasure of love. “If it feels good, then just do it,” could sum up the world’s motto. The motto is not limited to teenagers or adults. Children in grade school are learning about and acting out the world’s motto. Ten year olds, sometimes even younger, constantly find themselves bombarded with the concept of love’s self pleasure. These children are learning about the concept on the playground, at the schoolhouse, from friends, through the media (i.e. television, movies, newspapers, radio, Internet, and books), by attending parties, and even at home. The children grow into teenagers. Eventually the teenagers grow up and become adults. The adults have children and the cycle of love’s self-pleasure continues.The world’s motto of love’s self-pleasure is an ongoing battle that is raging. No one is exempt. Satan is destroying lives by using the world’s motto. Jesus said satan is a liar and the father of lies (John 8:44). Satan has an agenda to destroy every single child, teenager, and adult. The prince of the world (John 14:30), Satan, is using the world’s motto to fulfill his agenda through warping the real meaning of love.
“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.” Contrary to the world’s motto, Jesus’ motto is to first love God and then love others. An individual must love God with their entire heart, soul, mind, and strength (Matthew 22:37).
Singleness – Joshua Harris
The season of singleness contains so many responsibilities and decisions. This exciting season can serve as a training ground for a man or woman to improve
their skills in taking on responsibilities and for making decisions. These skills are important to a man or woman that will eventually get married.Living Life with a Purpose? The wonderful season of singleness reminds a single man or woman that they need to live their life with a purpose for Jesus Christ. They are not on earth just to simply waste time, take up space, and not live life for a purpose. Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 7:32-34: “ But I would have you without carefulness. He that
is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.The season of singleness allows opportunities and freedoms to serve and care for the things of the Lord. The man or woman does not have to spend their time taking care of a spouse, children, or other responsibilities that come with marriage. The primary purpose of living life is to completely follow and serve Jesus Christ. A single is free to build relationships and show God’s love in a way that a married individual cannot. The single man or woman does not have to worry about being home at a certain time, does not have to concern himself or herself with responsibilities of a spouse, and can build as many relationships as possible with less limitations.
Living A Pure Life Vanessa Siroki
A single Christian woman must live in purity to Jesus and train her eyes to behold only the things that are pleasing to God. A Christian’s body is the temple of the Lord. Jesus paid the ultimate price for all our sins, death on the cross. A Christian is bought with a price, the precious Holy blood of Jesus our Saviour and Redeemer. Therefore, when we live a pure life we aim towards the glorifying of God in body and spirit every single day by the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. We may make mistakes and even fall up to seven times but the owrd of God tells us to get up. The life of the believer is both horizontally and vertically. I encourages my sisngle sisters to keep your eyes on Jesus – time is not passing you by – God made time and if you are truly serving Him and walking in his will for your life, He will do what He did for Zelophehad Daughters, Esther, Ruth, The Samaritan Woman, the woman caught in adultery to name a few of our Godly sisters and what God did for them. See yourself through the lenses of Jesus who is working and will work everything out for your good. You must be brave and serve wherever God place you in “Christ Body.” You do not have any idea what God is working out for you – His reward for us always exceeds our expectations. God sees you exactly where you are. Exactly how you are. And he sees you through the lens of Jesus. Through scriptures God has shown you what He gave to His truly committed and surrendered daughters – fall in love with Jesus and His words today that will mold you and make you after His Will so that.
- The five daughters of Zelophehad (Leviticus 27) – Mahlah, Noah, Hoglah, Milcah and Tirzah you will obtain your inheritance.
- Esther God will make you a queen
- Ruth who left all he will give you your Boaz
- The woman caught in the act of adultery; He will not condemn you but instead forgave you
- Mary of Bethany you stay seated at Jesus feet
- The Samaritan woman he will quench your thirst.
- Mary Magdalene your tears will move Him to see you before he ascend to Our Heavenly Father
My Final Word for Single women:
- Thank God for the gift of singleness. Whatever your experience of singleness, recognize it as a gift from God and make the most of it for as long as you have it.
- Do all you can to be godly. It’s easy for those who are single to lapse into a selfish, self-centred lifestyle and into sexual sin, whether in thought or deed. Be self-disciplined and accountable to others and above all to the word of God.
- Keep your eyes fixed on heaven. It is our eternal relationship with Christ that ultimately matters when we leave this earth. And Finally.
- God has an excellent plan for you that has a beautiful end filled with God-given earthly acalades and heavenly rewards.
Christ Centered House of God a family of Believers Centered on Christ