February’s Letter Includes:
- This Month for Christ Centered House of God
- Our Weekly Service Times
- Telephone Prayer Conference
- New Addition & Birthdays
- Our Topic of the Month
- A Short Exhortation From Pastor Steven
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Greetings in the precious name of Jesus our soon-coming King. It gives us great pleasure to write this month’s letter with Christ Centered House of God News to inform and edify you. As a church, we are committed to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and we base our teaching upon the Inspired Word of God.
Current Developments @ Christ-Centered House of God
This Friday and Saturday, There will be a Powerful two day Conference with Apostle Juliester Alverez; come out and be blessed.
- Our Saturday services time is the same @ 6:30 or sometimes 7 pm.
- Our Bible Study is now every Tuesday from 7-9 pm
- On this Christ Centered House of God Website there are powerful resources that will help to encourage you, strengthen you and grow from glory to glory. Always check out our devotion page for daily scriptural empowerment from God’s word which will edify you.
- Our men and women meetings are “Coming Soon” (To Be Announced).
Our Monday (in-home)Fasting
Christ Centered House of God still “Fast” every Monday, we encourage all believers in Jesus to “Fast” with us according to your ability. Make a point to place things before God you never did before and be prayerful as you petition the God who will answer and bring clarity. Remember, if we ask it shall be given, seek we shall find, and if we knock it shall be open to us. “If there is a people to pray there is a God to answer.” So pray, pray, pray and then pray some more.
Prayer Conference and Prayer Meetings
Our Prayer Conference meetings via telephone starting at 7 PM weekly every Wednesday night. Prayer Meetings are every other Friday evening (there are sometimes exceptions) For example this Friday, we will be having a scheduled0 conference meeting at that time slot.
This month we have quite a few birthdays starting with our Pastor’s daughter Abigail Siroki – on February 19th, Vanessa on February 20, and Pastor Father on February 26th. All other birthdays will be posted as the dates become available. Also, each person will receive prayer at the end of the service for their birthday.
The Topic for the Month “Correction” Do You hate to be Corrected?
KJV Dictionary Definition of Correction
To correct is to set right, set straight, see right. Literally, set right, or made straight.To make right; to rectify; to bring to the standard of truth. “Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest” (Proverbs 29). To correct is to remove whatever is wrong; to counteract whatever could cause injury. Correction is the act of bringing back, from error or deviation, to a just standard, as to truth. In 2 Timothy 3:16 ~ “The bible tells us that, all scripture is profitable for correction and instruction in righteousness.” Why? because God wants us to be “thoroughly furnished in all good works.”
Refusing Correction Brings Both Spiritual and Physical Death
Any follower of Jesus Christ; who despise correction; are haters of the truth. Anyone who does not love the truth cannot and does not “love the source of truth. God is truth and God is the source of truth;” the Bible said, “The truth of the LORD endures forever!” Jesus is truth and God’s words is truth and it is God’s words that tell us to love correction “not man’s word.” Clearly then, any aversion to the truth or correction thereof is a man or woman who really are a hater of God’s laws, and God’s commands, and as such walk in rebellion and disobedience to them. The sad thing about refusing correction is that it brings both spiritual and physical death. “And for this cause, God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness” (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12).
What is the lesson for all of us with regard to Correction? When we refuse or despise correction it can be very damaging to our souls. In fact, we can fall under the word of God that tells us that we see ourselves right in our own eyes. and we cannot see all that God has given to us to be thankful for. Every complaining is an ungrateful person; every complaining person still has things that they could be thankful for. Is it easy when we are faced with certain unexpected situations and/or circumstances no!! However, the good news is that we do not have to do things with our own strength. We are helped by the very spirit of God whom Jesus left us to show us the way and to lead us into all truths. We are not without help from the very spirit of God who resides in all who have believed and received Jesus as saviour and Lord. Here are a few scriptures to help us all to remember when we could complain but instead we focus on the word of God for strength and to see things from God’s point of view.
Those of us who refuse correction one way; still must and will be corrected in another way by someone else. The young men who refused and resents their parents correction eventually end up in jail called a correctional facility. Whenever we refuse correction there is a blindness that follows. The word of God shows us how important and very vital it is for us to accepts the truth of correction. A person who refused to be corrected is a person who will not submit and such a person walks in pride and disobedience. Refusing correction is a direct rebellion against God and those God placed in authority.
Consider this passage of scripture taken from Hebrews 12:5-11 “…Have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you as His children? He said,“My child, don’t make light of the Lord’s discipline, and don’t give up when He corrects you. For the Lord disciplines those He loves, and He punishes each one He accepts as His child.”As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as His own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father? If God doesn’t discipline you as He does all of His children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really His children at all. Since we respected our earthly fathers who disciplined us, shouldn’t we submit even more to the discipline of the Father of our spirits, and live forever? For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God’s discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in His holiness. No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.” Those who despise the truth of correction love their sins and they do not want to part with it. “They did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved” (2 Thessalonians 2:10). “He that hates correction/reproof shall perish in his sins, since he would not be parted from them.
A Word From Pastor Steven- Let Us Think About This Together: So How Must We Respond, When We Are Corrected? Here are God Instructions Directly from His Words.
- Proverbs 12:1 “Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.”
- 2 Timothy 3:16 “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.”Proverbs 15:32 “Whoever ignores instruction despises himself, but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence.”
- Hebrews 12:5-11 “And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? …
- Proverbs 8:33 “Hear instruction and be wise, and do not neglect it.”
- Proverbs 6:23 “For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life.”
- Proverbs 9:7-9 “Whoever corrects a scoffer gets himself abuse, and he who reproves a wicked man incurs injury. Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.”
- James 5:19-20 “My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.”
- Romans 15:4 “For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.”
- Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
- John 14:15 ““If you love me, you will keep my commandments.”
- ine or be weary of his reproof, for the Lord reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights.
- Revelation 3:19 “Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.”
- Job 5:17 ““Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty.”
- Proverbs 10:17 “Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof leads others astray.”
- Proverbs 3:12 ” For the Lord reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights.”
- Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.”
- Psalm 94:12 “Blessed is the man whom you discipline, O Lord, and whom you teach out of your law.”
- Hebrews 12:1-29″Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. …” Therefore correction must always be received in the utmost humility not hostility.
- Proverbs 15:5 “A fool despises his father’s instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is prudent.”
- 1 Corinthians 4:14 “I do not write these things to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children.”
- Titus 3:10″ As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him.” Many does not want correction and instead of heeding it they stir up division but the bible said after they have been warned once or twice have nothing more to do with such person.
Let’s say this prayer together. Heavenly Father, help us all to remember in all the situations and circumstances; whatever they may be – not to refuse correction. Remind us that whether the challenges come from within or without that You will indeed fight all our submitted battles and that You will never give us more than we can bear. You asked us to cast all our cares upon You who cares for us. Father, remind us through Your holy Spirit that once we ask Your help and truly surrender and submit all our cares to You we must trust You in it. Thank you Father for always remaining faithful and you are saying to all of us who believes that we are right in our own eyes to give it all to you in Jesus name amen and amen.
What is our Point of Action? When we follow the Lord and walk in godliness we are being like Christ as its His character. Thus disobedience is contrary for those who are true servants of God. May God grant us the grace to not be walk in the ways that, we believe we are right in our own eyes. So, dear brothers and sisters, let’s walk in a new way from today. Let’s apply these truths to our lives, and say, Lord, I want to live in a way that glorifies you on this earth. I want to live a life pleases to you in humbleness. Let us lay aside the our need to be right and embrace humility. Help us Father to obey you and those you set over us so that we can truly receive transformation in our lives; in our inner man and be conformed to the image of Your dear Son, our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
We hope that the above Topic and Exhortations not only encourages and strengthen but that it also alerts you to be more vigilant with your walk with our Lord especially in the area of correction. Since refusal for correction is born out of the wicked sin of pride; the original sin; we must be very mindful. This is not to say, to be ignorant of the enemy’s devices and just take anything anyone say. Our Lord when He was accused, remained silent and He did not respond. We know that God chases whom He loves and It is not the will of God for none of us to perish.
We are working at and planning to develop our newsletter into a magazine format as time goes by. Please remember to visit our Christ Centered daily devotional page by clicking on our devotion link above where you will be empowered by the word of God each day. Also, for those who have prayer request; you can access our prayer request from our homepage or you could email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You could also call us at: (647) 856-6030 or (416) -288-9642 or (647) 321-6030.
Its our prayer that this month’s letter not only informs you of what’s upcoming or happening at Christ Centered House of God but that it also encourages and edifies you to press on enduringly to a higher place in God. Where we will all grow from glory to glory, strength to strength, faith to faith, with deep calling us unto deep as we go up higher to the place that God is calling us all to be.
Our main goal at Christ Centered House of God – is to shine the light of Jesus to everyone so that we all can be transformed to the Image of Christ. Consequently, we can then walk as He walked, endowed and enabled by His divine grace. Jesus too was tempted and yet He never sinned. “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin” (Hebrews 4:15).
Our goal is to clearly communicate a message of the hope that we have in Jesus Christ by our conduct, character and lifestyle. This hope is not found in religion or anything that we can see, but only in a personal relationship with Jesus.
By His Grace,
With Love from Pastor Steven and Family and Christ Centered House of God
Christ Centered House of God Divine Service Every Saturday @ 6:30 PM Sharp – Join @ 1160 Birchmount Road Unit 1 “Your will be bless and strengthened as you receive edification from the word of God.
Christ Centered Children’s Church Every Saturday @ 7:35-9:00PM
Open To Children of All Ages
“All Are Welcome”
Bible Study; Every Tuesday @ 7-9PM Sharp ~ Main Sanctuary
Christ Centered Men’s Ministry “Iron Sharpens Iron” Brotherly Empowerment “Rise Up Men of God and Lead”
Next Meeting: TBA
“All Are Welcome”
Women Ministry: God’s Inspired Solution to Us. “We are a crown of splendor in the Lord’s hand –For we are God’s Masterpiece” (Isaiah 62:3 & Ephesians 2:10)
Next Meeting: TBA “All Are Welcome”
Christ Centered House of God a family of Believers Centered on Christ